The Mattie Booker Usher Board
Usher Board Number One was organized in the early 1920’s at Saint Philip African Methodist Episcopal Church. The usher board later changed its name to the “Mattie Booker Usher Board,” named after one of its most deserving, dedicated, and faithful members who served as President for five years. The silent method of ushering was introduced to the SPC ushers in 1985 by Walter and Gracie Benjamin. The Mattie Booker Usher Board serves on first Sunday at 11am, which is currently a communion service.